Robert S. Daniel Teaching Excellence Award
This award is made possible from donations to the Fund for Excellence in the Teaching of Psychology. The fund's assets are derived entirely from donations from generous individuals and organizations that seek to promote and recognize excellence in the teaching of psychology.
You can find nomination criteria on Div. 2's website. Renominations and self-nominations are acceptable.
Submit materials via email:
- Cover sheet that includes:
- Nominee’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Category of award for which the person is nominated (e.g., 4-year college, 2-year college, high school).
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Name and address of who should be informed if the nominee wins the STP Teaching Award (e.g., department head, principal, supervisor).
- Current curriculum vitae that includes educational history of nominee, professional work history, membership in professional organizations, previous recognition or awards, publications, and participation in professional development activities or conferences (e.g., as presenter or attendee).
- Letters of recommendation from at least three (3), but not more than five (5), persons, each of whom can speak to the qualifications of the nominee in light of the appropriate criteria.
- Statement of teaching philosophy (a maximum of two double-spaced pages).
- Evidence to illustrate award criteria.
Andrew N. Christopher, PhD
Jane Sheldon, University of Michigan-Dearborn
Bette Bottoms, University of Illinois at Chicago
Dean Keith Simonton, University of California, Davis, Calif.
Stephen L. Chew, Samford University, Birmingham, Ala.
C. R. Snyder University of Kansas (Lawrence)
Charles I. Abramson, Oklahoma State University
Kenneth A. Weaver, Emporia State University
Jeanne Marsh Stahl, Morris Brown University
William Buskist, Auburn University
Philip G. Zimbardo, Stanford University
William G. Graziano, Texas A&M University
Patricia G. Devine, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Barbara Nodine, Beaver College
Michael H. Handelsman, University of Colorado, Denver
Richard A. Griggs, University of Florida, Gainsville
Drew C. Appleby, Marian College, Indianapolis
Walter A. Minsk, Macalester College, Minn.
Maryanne Wolf, Tufts University, Mass.
Joseph J. Palladino, University of Southern Indiana
Stephen T. Davis, Emporia State University, Kan.
David S. Holmes, University of Kansas
Kennon A. Lattal, W. Va.
Patricia Marks Greenfield, University of California, Los Angeles
Margaret W. Matlin, S.U.N.Y., Geneseo
Sherman Ross, Howard University
Ernest D. Kemble, University of Minnesota
E. Scott Geller, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
Mark Ware, Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
Keith Jacobs, Loyola University, New Orleans