Mary Margaret Moffett Memorial Teaching Excellence Award
This award is made possible from donations to the Fund for Excellence in the Teaching of Psychology. The fund's assets are derived entirely from donations from generous individuals and organizations that seek to promote and recognize excellence in the teaching of psychology.
You can find nomination criteria on Div. 2's website. Renominations and self-nominations are acceptable.
Submit materials via email:
- Cover sheet that includes:
- Nominee’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Category of award for which the person is nominated (e.g., 4-year college, 2-year college, high school).
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Name and address of who should be informed if the nominee wins the STP Teaching Award (e.g., department head, principal, supervisor).
- Current curriculum vitae that includes educational history of nominee, professional work history, membership in professional organizations, previous recognition or awards, publications, and participation in professional development activities or conferences (e.g., as presenter or attendee).
- Letters of recommendation from at least three (3), but not more than five (5), persons, each of whom can speak to the qualifications of the nominee in light of the appropriate criteria.
- Statement of teaching philosophy (a maximum of two double-spaced pages).
- Evidence to illustrate award criteria.
Marjorie Kain Cole, Kellam High School, Virginia Beach, Va.
Debra Park, West Deptford High School, N.J.
Amy C. Fineburg, Spain Park High School, Hoover, Ala.
Kristen Whitlock, Viewmont High School, Bountiful, Utah
Rob McEntarffer, Lincoln Southeast High School, Lincoln, Neb.
Jim Matiya, Carl Sandburg High School, Orlando Park, Ill.
Craig W. Gruber, Walt Whitman High School, Bethesda, Md.
Michael Sullivan, Sharon High School, Sharon, Mass.
Mary Spilis, Northview High School
Margaret Davidson, Berkner H.S., Texas
Carol Jo Dean, Lake Park High School
Nancy Grippo, Henry M. Gunn High School
Laura Lincoln Maitland, W.C. Mepham H.S.
Alan Feldman, Perth Amboy High School
Randal M. Ernst, Lincoln High School, Neb.
Charles T. Blair-Brocker, Cedar Falls High School, Iowa
Karyn Hale, Crater High School, Ore.
K. Bates Mandel, George Washington Carver High School of Engineering and Science
Thomas L Lestina, Naperville Central High, Ill.
Reba Wooden, Perry Meridian H.S., Ind.
Jewell Lyngaas, Edina H.S., Edina, Minn.
Charles E. Provon, New Trier Township H.S., Winnetka, Ill.
John M. Christano, McQuaid Jesuit High School, Rochester, N.Y.
Len McCord-Sheldahi, Urbandale High School, Urbandale, Iowa