Sara S. Sparrow Early Career Research Award (Division 33)
Nominations are accepted and the award is presented every other year during even years only.
The award winners will receive a $1,000 honorarium.
- Must be a member of Div. 33.
- Must have received his or her doctoral degree no more than 10 years prior to the award decision.
- Cannot be more than two years post-tenure.
To receive the award, the recipient must agree to attend APA's Annual Convention and give a talk.
Nominations should include the following:
- A letter of nomination specifying the contributions of the nominee relevant to intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- A complete vita.
- Two letters of recommendation. One of these letters must be from a Div. 33 member and should address the contributions of the nominee relevant to intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Nominations and any questions should be emailed directly to Alice Carter, PhD. Carter serves as chair of the 2016 Division Awards Committee.
Nominations can be made anytime, but must be received no later than March 1, 2016. Nominees will be notified of the award committee’s decision by March 15, 2016.
James McPartland, PhD
Anna Esbensen, PhD
Laura Lee McIntyre, PhD
Luc Lecavalier, PhD