Department of Education's GEAR UP Grants
The GEAR UP program (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) provides six-year grants to states or partnerships (local educational agencies and institutions of higher education along with two additional partners) to provide early intervention support services and scholarships to a cohort of students in low-income middle and high schools.
Who may apply (by category):
- Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs).
- Local Education Agencies (LEAs).
- State Education Agencies (SEAs).
Who may apply (specifically):
- Any state agency designated by the governor of the state.
- Partnerships consisting of: one or more local educational agencies; one or more degree-granting institutions of higher education; no less than two other community organizations or other entities such as businesses, professional organizations or state agencies.
To apply, please visit the Department of Education's GEAR UP webpage.