PT@CC Teaching Resources Award
Sponsored by the APA Education Directorate and PT@CC, the Teaching Resources Award aims to encourage sharing of instructional techniques that community college faculty have developed and used in face-to-face, hybrid or online psychology classes.
Submissions to the PT@CC Teaching Resources Awards will include the following components:
- The teaching resource and all accompanying materials, including electronic sources.
- Demonstration of an active learning component.
- Brief description of the teaching resource, including instructions for classroom use.
- The topic(s) covered, student learning objective(s), and appropriate courses.
- Evidence of effectiveness (need not be published research).
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
- Demonstration of active learning component.
- Student engagement.
- Ease of usage/application.
- Appropriateness for topic, learning objective(s), course.
- Evidence of effectiveness.
The winning entries will be posted on the PT@CC website. An award of $400 will be given to the first place winner; $300 to the second place winner; $200 to the third place winner; and $50 each to two honorable mention winners. Certificates for all winners will be presented by PT@CC at the APA Annual Convention. Attendance at the convention is not required.