August 2011 | Vol. 11, No. 4
August Featured Article
For Division Leaders
- 2011 Interdivisional Grant Program winners announced
Three projects receive funding from the Committee on Division/APA Relations for projects that support the work, interests, or goals of two or more divisions
- Division bylaws require revisions to allow online voting
Many Division's bylaws will need to be amended or updated in APA Central Office to allow online voting
- New CBIZ staff and introduction to APA Finance liaisons
CBIZ Division Accounting Services has a new face handling cash disbursements
Share with Your Members
- Division 45 celebrates 25th anniversary
The Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues continues to “stand on the shoulders of those before us”
- International travel grants available
The APA Office of International Affairs is providing travel grants to attend the 2012 International Congress of Psychology
- Continuing Education Committee Terms Beginning 2014
The Continuing Education Committee seeks nominations from individuals, APA Committees, Boards and Divisions, as well as self-nominations for four new members to begin three-year terms on Jan. 2, 2012.
- Call for nominations to the Committee on Socioeconomic Status
The Committee on Socioeconomic Status (CSES) is pleased to invite nominations for membership on the Committee for three-year terms commencing January 2012
- Volunteers sought for SES-Related Cancer Disparities Program
APA’s Public Interest Directorate and Office of Socioeconomic Status seek community-minded professionals for a service opportunity through the Socioeconomic Status Related Cancer Disparities (SESRCD) Program
- Committee on Children, Youth and Families: Call for Nominations
The Committee on Children, Youth and Families nomination materials should be submitted by Monday, Aug. 27, 2012.
- Call for Nominations to the Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Concerns
Nominate peers by Jan. 1, 2014, for two positions on the APA Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns.
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in Division newsletters, websites, listserves, social networking, etc
The Next Dialogue
The next issue of Dialogue will be published September 8. To submit content pertinent to Divisions and Division leaders, email Chad Rummel by August 31.