February Featured Article
For Division Leaders
- Legal & finance tips for Divisions
APA's Office of General Counsel and Office of Financial Services answer questions and provide tips for Division leaders
- Tech tips for Divisions
The free tools below are easy-to-use time-savers that might make managing your division easier, freeing your time to focus on the initiatives that mean the most to you
By Chad Rummel
- Good Governance Report available
The Good Governance Project (GGP) Report is now available for review and feedback
- Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology
The Call for Applications to the 5th Annual APA Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology (LIWP) has officially opened
Share with Your Members
- Extend your convention experience: CE credits now online
More than 100 hours of Continuing Education sessions were videotaped at the 2011 APA Convention in Washington, DC
- APA Convention Travel Awards for Early Career Professionals
The program is designed to encourage attendance and increase representation of early career members at this year's APA convention.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- 2012 Call for Nominations: Committee on Early Career Psychologists
- Meritorious Research Service Commendation: Call for nominations
- Nominate your department or colleague for an APA Culture of Service Award
- Raymond D. Fowler Award for Outstanding Contributions to APA
This award recognizes an APA member who has had a significant and enduring impact on APA as an organization and who has shown a clear dedication to advancing APA's mission.
- Peace and conflict resolution awards available
The Society for the Study of Peace, Conflict, and Violence (Division 48) of the APA seeks nominations for three prestigious awards--members and non-members of Division 48 are eligible
- International grants and awards
Two grants/awards have upcoming deadlines in the APA Office of International Affairs
- Call for articles: CYF news
Articles sought covering poverty, health disparities and the nation’s children
- Call for Nominations to the Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Concerns
- Jeffrey S. Tanaka Memorial Dissertation Award in Psychology
An award for the most outstanding dissertation in psychology which addresses concerns relevant to populations of color.
- Call for Nominations: APA Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs (PDF, 27KB)
- Promoting Psychological Research and Training on Health Disparities Issues at Ethnic Minority Serving Institutions (ProDIGs)
This small grant program supports early career faculty for specific, limited and highly focused activities related to the preparation of a federal or foundation funding proposal.
- Henry Tomes Awards for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Psychology
These awards honor psychologists from each ethnic minority community - African American, Alaska Native/American Indian, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Latina/o American - on a rotating basis.
- Suinn Minority Achievement Program Award
This award rewards graduate programs in psychology that have demonstrated excellence in the recruitment, retention, and graduation of ethnic minority students.
- Commission on Ethnic Minority Recruitment, Retention and Training Grants
These small grants are intended to serve as "seed funds" to energize, empower, and support interested individuals, organizations, and educational institutions committed to enhancing ethnic minority recruitment, retention and training in psychology.
- Upcoming APF funding opportunities
The following funding opportunities have upcoming deadlines
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in Division newsletters, websites, listserves, social networking, etc