February Featured Article
More than 125 division leaders convened in January for the annual training that included both presidents-elect and program chairs this year
For Division Leaders
- Help for divisions
APA staff and members of the Committee on Division/APA Relations are here to help divisions and division leaders.
- Apportionment ballot
Divisions earn extra seat on Council of Representatives in apportionment vote
- Meet APA staff: Disaster Response Network
Division Services Office Director Sarah Jordan spoke with Margie Bird, Disaster Response Network (DRN) director, about her work with the DRN
- The Collaborative Perspectives on Addiction (CPA) meeting is launched
Two APA divisions join forces to launch an annual conference that caters specifically to the interests of addiction psychologists
Share with Your Members
- Extend your convention experience: CE credits now online
More than 50 hours of continuing education sessions and workshops were videotaped at the 2012 APA convention in Orlando, Fla.
- 2013 APA Convention Travel Awards for Early Career Professionals
Award to encourage attendance and increase representation of early career members at this year's APA convention
- PI-GRO seeks graduate student policy interns for the 2013-2014 year
Students interested in working on policy issues with the Public Interest Government Relations Office are encouraged to apply.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- CODAPAR call for nominations
The Committee on Division/APA Relations is pleased to announce its call for nominations for three-year terms, starting Jan. 1, 2014
- APA seeks award nominations for distinguished contributions to practice, science, education and more
Nominate colleagues now for awards to be presented at the 2014 APA Annual Convention in Washington, D.C.
- APF deadlines
The American Psychology Foundation has six upcoming deadline alerts for your members
- Call for Nominations: APA Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs
The American Psychological Association's Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs (CEMA) is seeking nominations for two new members to begin three-year terms of service on Jan. 1, 2015.
- Jeffrey S. Tanaka Memorial Dissertation Award in Psychology
An award for the most outstanding dissertation in psychology which addresses concerns relevant to populations of color.
- Suinn Minority Achievement Program Award
This award rewards graduate programs in psychology that have demonstrated excellence in the recruitment, retention and graduation of ethnic minority students.
- Commission on Ethnic Minority Recruitment, Retention and Training Grants
These small grants are intended to serve as "seed funds" to energize, empower, and support interested individuals, organizations and educational institutions committed to enhancing ethnic minority recruitment, retention and training in psychology.
- Promoting Psychological Research and Training on Health Disparities Issues at Ethnic Minority Serving Institutions (ProDIGs)
This small grant program supports early career faculty for specific, limited and highly focused activities related to the preparation of a federal or foundation funding proposal.
- 2014 Call for Applications to the Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology
Women psychologists in clinical and consulting fields, in addition to academia and academic medicine, are now eligible
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.