September Featured Article
For Division Leaders
- Meet APA staff: Senior policy advisor, Executive Office
Division Services Office Director Sarah Jordan spoke with Ellen Garrison, PhD, senior policy advisor, Executive Office, about her work.
- Council new business items
Increase your awareness and provide input on governance issues that are on the current agendas of APA boards and committees.
- Divisions shared “Aloha Spirit” in Honolulu
Division marketing at the APA convention offered many opportunities for member engagement.
- Tech tip: Hanging out at APA and on air via Google+
Div. 49 (Society of Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy) wanted to make some programming at convention accessible to those who were unable to attend.
- Legal & finance tips for divisions
APA's Office of General Counsel and Office of Financial Services answer questions and provide tips for division leaders.
- Help for divisions
APA staff and members of the Committee on Division/APA Relations are here to help divisions and division leaders.
Share With Your Members
- Division officer election results
Elections closed in May and results were announced in June and July.
- 2013 APA initial and current fellows, approved August 2013
Congratulations to APA’s newly elected fellows.
- Continuing Education highlights
Join a CE workshop to be held at the APA building in Washington, D.C., and webcast live, and read journal articles for CE credit.
- Office on Socioeconomic Status provides bibliography on poverty
Annotated bibliography is first installment in a series of resources on the multivariates of poverty.
- APA members appointed to the APA Policy Review Task Force on the Prediction and Prevention of Gun Violence
The task force will meet in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 26-27, to develop a policy on the prediction and prevention of gun violence that will replace APA’s 1994 policy on firearm safety and youth in light of the more recent scientific literature.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- Interdivisional Grant Program
The purpose of the program is to support joint activities that enhance the work, interests or goals of two or more divisions.
- Division International Activities Grant (DIAG) Program
This award will provide support for division-initiated programs aimed at fostering internationalization and international members outreach.
- APF deadlines
The American Psychological Foundation has upcoming deadlines for your members.
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.
The Next Dialogue
The next issue of Division Dialogue will be published Oct. 4. To submit content pertinent to divisions and division leaders, email Keith Cooke by Sept. 19.