January Featured ArticleSarah Jordan
There were a number of division-related items on the December Board of Directors agenda.
For Division Leaders
- Welcome Veronica Allen, CMP, to Division Services
Allen will replace Chad Rummel as communications and meetings manager in APA’s Division Services Office.
- Tech tip: WordPress for division publications
WordPress can be a useful tool for creating websites and division publications.
By Keith Cooke
- Legal & finance tips for divisions: When is travel an award and not a reimbursement?
APA's Office of General Counsel and Office of Financial Services answer questions and provide tips for division leaders.
- Help for divisions
APA staff and members of the Committee on Division/APA Relations are here to help divisions and division leaders.
Share With Your Members
- APA gun violence report identifies behavioral threat assessment as an effective prevention technique
The seminal report, "Gun Violence Prediction, Prevention, and Policy," identifies the need for both primary and secondary prevention programs to keep communities safe from gun violence.
- Division 18 hosts gun violence webinars
Psychologists in Public Service is offering three webinars on gun violence with continuing education credits at low rates on Jan. 15, 22 and 29.
- APA-ABA National Conference
APA and the American Bar Association are joining together to co-sponsor a continuing education national conference addressing the broad range of issues related to the exposure of children, youth and families to violence.
- Apportionment ballot results announced
Divisions as a group picked up one additional seat and SPTAs as a group lost one seat.
By Garnett Coad
- Read The Counseling Psychologist, earn CE credits
The Society of Counseling Psychology (Div. 17) and the APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology have partnered to offer an exciting benefit for readers of TCP.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Disability Issues in Psychology Award
This award seeks to recognize an APA member who has had a significant and enduring impact on advancing the role of psychological principles to enhance the lives of and promote the inclusion of people with disabilities in society.
- Call for Nominations to the Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Concerns
Nominate peers by Jan. 1, 2014, for two positions on the APA Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns.
- Division International Activities Grant (DIAG) Program
This award will provide support for division-initiated programs aimed at fostering internationalization and international members outreach.
- APA Travel Grants for US Psychologists to Attend International Conferences
This award will cover or partially cover conference registration fees at international conferences held outside the United States and Canada for U.S.-based psychologists.
- American Psychological Foundation (APF)
APF provides financial support for innovative research and programs that enhance the power of psychology to elevate the human condition and advance human potential both now and in generations to come.
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.