Sample Memorandum of Understanding
The Division of _________________________ ("Division") of the American Psychological Association ("APA") wishes to utilize the services of APA's Division Services Office ("Services Office"). The Services Office is an unincorporated constituent element within the corporate APA, and is staffed by APA employees and provides services within APA and to APA's divisions. The Division is also an unincorporated constituent element within the corporate APA; the Division's members are members of APA and the Division's purposes and activities are in support of APA.
1) At the request of the Division, and consistent with and subject to the purposes, Association Rules, and Bylaws of the Division and APA, the Services Office will:
The Services Office may agree to provide other services described on the Menu of Administrative Services for Divisions, attached as Exhibit A, pursuant to the Division's written request.
2) The services shall be provided from __________________ until __________________, and will be continued automatically for additional one (1) year terms, unless either the Services Office or the Division decides to discontinue the services and gives written notice 90 days before the expiration of the then-current term.
3) The Division understands that effective performance by the Services Office may be dependent on the Division providing all necessary information, forms, membership lists, or other materials required or reasonably requested by the Services Office.
4) On a monthly basis, the Division will transfer to the Services Office a sum calculated at $18.00 per hour for each hour expended by the Services Office on the Division's behalf, not to exceed _____ hours per month unless authorized by the Division. The Division authorizes the provision of all services related to the initial establishment of a membership database, without limitation as to time. The Services Office will furnish the Division a monthly invoice and time sheet reflecting services provided during each monthly billing period. Payment must be received by the Services Office no later than 30 days following receipt of invoice.
5) Division shall also reimburse the Services Office for non-routine expenses incurred by the Services Office that are incidental to the services provided to the Division and to billing the Division for the services, including, but not limited to, mass mailings, long distance telephone charge, or administrative supplies. Expenses under this paragraph will be billed separately to the Division at or below cost.
6) All differences or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Memorandum shall be resolved only through binding arbitration organized and conducted under the authority of the APA Board of Directors, without recourse to a court of law.
7) Neither the existence of this Memorandum or anything contained herein shall alter of affect the legal and organizational status of the Division or the Services Office within APA or otherwise.
For the APA Division Services Office
For the APA Division of_________________________