2014 President-elect Candidates
APA members nominated five candidates to appear on the 2014 president-elect ballot. The final ballot will be sent to members on Sept. 15, 2014. Members who have an email address on file with APA will be sent the ballot by email. Those members who do not have an email address will be sent a paper ballot and will have the option to vote online or by mail.
- Antonio E. Puente, PhD — 658 votes
- Susan H. McDaniel, PhD — 522 votes
- Jessica Henderson Daniel, PhD — 169 votes
- Kurt F. Geisinger, PhD — 165 votes
- Todd E. Finnerty, PsyD — 104 votes
More About the Candidates
The Monitor on Psychology will provide coverage of the candidates in a question and answer format in each issue between their nomination and the election.
Biographies and Candidate Statements
- Meet the candidates for APA's 2016 president (May 2014)
Question and Answer
- What concrete steps should APA take to enhance its science agenda, including recognition of psychology as a STEM discipline and communication of the science of psychology? How will you convey to government funding agencies, professional associations and the public that psychology is a STEM discipline?
- What are your ideas as to how APA can take a leadership role in health-care reform and ensure the inclusion of psychologists in these reforms?
- What are your plans for expanding the APA membership in light of our aging membership? Most particularly, what are your ideas for recruiting, retaining and engaging early career psychologists (ECPs)?
- How do you see the role of technology in communicating with general APA membership, committees and boards, as well as consumers of psychology?