APA advocates for policies to ensure psychological and physical health and quality of life for women. Issues include postpartum and maternal depression, reproductive health, preventing violence against women and promoting gender equity in employment and education.
Advocacy initiatives are based on the research, practice and public concerns relevant to women’s lives.
- APA joins with national partners to advocate for funding to address violence against women
- PI-GRO provides training on psychology and advocacy at the 2013 Association for Women in Psychology Conference
- House sends Violence Against Women Act reauthorization to president’s desk
- Senate passes APA-supported Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) reauthorization
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) reintroduced in U.S. Senate, House