APA Supports Safe, Quality Early Learning Experiences
Legislation seeks improvements to child care and community development programs
APA joined national partners in submitting a March 4, 2014, letter of support (PDF, 43KB) for reauthorization of the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG). The Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014 (S. 1086) would reauthorize the CCDBG and better protect the health and safety of children in child care settings across America.
Specifically, this bill incorporates lessons learned from the last 20 years of child care research in an effort to:
- Improve the quality of care in child care settings.
- Safeguard the health and safety of children through training and background checks.
- Facilitate low-income families’ sustained access to care through financial supports.
- Promote stable child care arrangements.
- Support providers who serve families receiving child care assistance.
APA will continue to work with APA members and experts in the field, and in collaboration with key partners and coalitions, to advocate for the successful enactment of this important piece of legislation.
Please sign up for APA Federal Action Network alerts to help support future efforts.