An Introduction to APACommunities.org
Welcome to APA Communities. APA Communities is a closed social network meaning that it is accessible by APA members and affiliates and APA division members only. This new community platform will allow you to connect with and share information and ideas with your psychology colleagues from anywhere you access the internet.
Logging in for the first time
1. Go to APA Communities. You will see the following screen and will need to log in with your MyAPA user ID and password. If you are unsure of your user ID and password, you will be able to look up your account and reset your password, if necessary.
If you have any difficulties logging in, please contact the APA Service Center via telephone at (800) 374-2721 or (202) 336-5500 from 9am to 6pm Monday – Friday, or send an email to email@example.com.
2. Once you have logged in for the first time, you will see a screen very similar to the one below, asking you to complete your profile. If you see any other screen, please contact the APA Service Center for assistance
Please be as complete as possible in adding information to your profile. Remember that APA Communities is a closed platform. Your information is protected. The more information you add the easier it will be for members with similar interests to contact you.
3. Once your profile is complete, and on all subsequent logins, you will be directed to the APA Communities home page, which will appear similar to what you see below.
1. Once you are logged in, you can navigate through the “Spaces” to which you have access. All users will have access to the “Getting Started” space, where you will find tips, tricks and tutorials, and be able to ask questions about how to use the system.
2. If you are a member of a division that has an APA Communities space, you will be able to access the division’s space and spaces for any division sections, boards or committees to which you belong. Once you click on the name of the division you wish to view, you will be taken to its APA Communities homepage.
3. Throughout all areas to which you have access, you will be able to perform tasks such as starting new discussions or creating or uploading new documents. Some users, as determined by the administrator for that area, will also be able to do things like create polls or post announcements for all other division members to see. All of the functions available to you can be found under the “New” menu item in the top navigation or the “Actions” heading on the right side of most pages.
4. You can also view and comment on discussions and documents by navigating through the tabs for the division space.
If you have additional questions about using APA Communities, please visit the Getting Started space once you log in, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.