Call for Applications: Elected and Appointed Positions
Pictured left to right: Matthew FitzGerald, Jennifer Doran and Ali Mattu.
APAGS posts openings on the nine-member elected committee — chair-elect and member-at-large positions — each winter. Check out the APAGS Election Information to submit an application and run for one of the following positions:
- Member-at-large, Diversity Focus
- Member-at-large, Membership Recruitment/Retention
- Member-at-large, Practice
- Member-at-large, Research/Academic Focus
- Chair, Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns
- Chair, Committee for the Advancement of Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- A master’s or doctoral candidate in good standing in an APA or regionally accredited program (candidates who are at least two years from graduation are strongly preferred and at least one year from graduation is required).
- An APAGS member.
- Organized, responsive, efficient and responsible.
- Able to work effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Willing to commit to a busy two-year term to work on behalf of the needs and interests of APAGS and APAGS members.
- For subcommittee chair positions, you must demonstrate specific knowledge, expertise and/or experience in the substantive area of the respective subcommittee to which you are applying to lead as chair.
Rules for Elections