FAQs for Career Space
1. How do I register on APA's Career Space website?
You must register on the website using an email address and password. Once you have completed the registration process, you will be able to build your candidate profile and apply for one or more positions at APA.
Important: Please note that creating a profile does not mean you have applied for a position. After you have created your profile, you must then locate the position that is of interest to you and click on the Apply Now button to begin your application.
2. What web browsers are most compatible with your system?
The web browser that is most compatible with the system is Internet Explorer v9. However, other browsers that are compatible with the system are Firefox v4, Chrome 3.0+ and Safari.
3. What are the most appropriate format types for my cover letter and resume?
The acceptable document formats are Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF.
4. How do I apply for a position?
Once you have found a position that is of interest to you, you can apply for the position by opening the job posting and clicking the Apply Now button. Then, you must attach the required documents and complete your employment application. A cover letter and resume are required to apply for all positions at APA. Some positions may require additional documents such as a writing sample or portfolio. Please make sure you attach the documents that are requested in the job announcement. Failure to submit the required documents will result in an incomplete application. Once you have reached the summary page, please be sure you have completed all of the necessary information on that page and attached the appropriate documents.
5. To whom should I address my cover letter?
You may address your cover letter to the APA Employment Team as your application will first be reviewed by a recruiter in our department. We also encourage you to mention the specific job opening that you are applying for in your cover letter.
6. I applied for a position and I haven't been contacted about the status of my application. How do I check the status of my application?
You can check the status of your application by logging into the Career Space portal. Then, you click on My Applications. You will be able to see where your application is in the recruitment process.
7. How will I be contacted for an interview?
If your skillset strongly matches the position and you are chosen for an interview, an HR representative will contact you via phone or email regarding the next steps of the interview process.
8. I noticed I forgot to include some information on my application when I submitted it. Can I edit my application?
No, you cannot edit your application once it is submitted.
9. I have decided to withdraw my application. How do I do that?
You can withdraw your application by logging into the site and clicking on My Applications. Click on the job title and click Withdraw.
10. I am interested in a position that is not posted on the website.
If a position is not posted, we unfortunately do not have a current opening. Please continue to visit our careers page for openings in the future.
11. I am interested in several positions. Can I apply to more than one position at one time?
You must apply to each position separately.
12. How do I know if a position is filled?
All of our positions are open until filled. Once the position is filled, the job announcement is removed from our website.
13. I received an email stating that my application is incomplete.
The application instructions explicitly state what documents are required to apply for a position. A cover letter and resume are the standard required documents but other positions may require additional documents such as a writing sample or portfolio. The instructions also state that applications that are submitted without the documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. If you do not attach all documents, the application is incomplete and your application is removed from further consideration.
APA Job Fairs
APA Human Resources
750 First St. NE
Washington, D.C. 20002-4242