Consider the following overall demographics of APA members and associates:
- 87.9 percent have doctoral degrees.
- 70.7 percent have 10 or more years of experience (postdoctorate).
- 54.3 percent deliver health services.
- 31.5 percent are in independent practice.
- 35 percent are in academic settings.
- 57.8 percent hold state licensure and/or are certified.
- 42.1 percent men.
- 57.7 percent women.
- 25.9 percent between the ages of 30-44.
- 26.8 percent between the ages of 45-59.
- 57.8 percent white.
- 6.1 percent minorities.
- 36.1 percent not specified.
- $94,261 was the average salary of full-time faculty in U.S. Doctoral Departments of Psychology ($71,475 for U.S. Master’s Departments of Psychology).
Sources: 2013–2014 Faculty Salary Survey and 2013 APA Directory, APA Center for Workforce Studies, and Council of Graduate Departments in Psychology.
Sources: Current Major Field of APA Members by Membership Status 2013, APA Directory. Compiled by the APA Center for Workforce Studies.
Exhibitor & badge registration opens April 15