Highlights for Early Career Psychologists
More than Just the Ordinary Experience...
This One You Won't Want to Miss!
- Your choice of nearly 1,300 sessions on topics and issues you care about.
- 15 plenary sessions featuring top psychologists across various sub-specialties.
- Nearly 250 sessions offering continuing education (CE) credit and 87 CE workshops to take your career to the next (separate registration fee for CE workshops).
- More than 80 social networking events.
- Sessions will end at 2:00 p.m. each afternoon, so there will be plenty of time for you to enjoy and explore the world-famous beaches, culinary delights and rich cultural history of the Hawaiian Islands.
Programming Just for You…
Specialized programming for early career psychologists—developed by theCommittee on Early Career Psychologists (CECP)
- Money Talks: Loan Repayment and Financial Planning Options for Early Career Psychologists
- Developing a Successful Private Practice: Internal and External Barriers
- Pathways to Leadership for Early Career Psychologist: APA Insider Tips
- Psychologist and Parent: Seeking a Healthy Balance
- From Students to Early Career Psychologists — Marginalized Groups in Transition: Science, Practice and Professional Engagement
Early Career Social Hour
Network with your peers, connect with old and new friends and enjoy refreshments (co-sponsored by the Committee on Early Career Psychologists and the APA Insurance Trust) on Saturday evening.
Register and Win!
Register today and be automatically entered to win a FREE trip to the 2014 APA Annual Convention in Washington, D.C., (includes registration fee, airfare and hotel for 3 nights/4 days). Log in using your APA User ID and password to access the convention registration page. Be sure to enter the convention code CM006 on the online registration form. Make your hotel reservation now at the official APA discount rates.
“I always look forward to attending APA convention. It’s a wonderful opportunity to network with colleagues, learn about cutting-edge research and clinical interventions, and meet new people. My involvement with APA has helped me grow as a professional and I look forward to continued involvement throughout my career!”
Alli L. DeFinis, PhD
Member Since 2011
Other Convention Highlights
The APA Exhibit Hall
Experience the largest exhibition of psychological products, research materials, publishers and more!
APA “Kids’ Place”
This kid-friendly room, located in the convention center, will offer comfortable seating for parents and an entertainment/play area for children featuring storytelling, movie time, face painting, video games for older children and more. The room will be open Friday through Saturday. Please note that children must be accompanied by a parent at all times.
APA Island Luau
Friday, Aug. 2, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
(Purchase as an add-on event when you register online for convention.)
Sample traditional Hawaiian food, enjoy Hawaiian entertainment, and relax your colleagues, friends, and family under the stars.
Connect with employers through PsycCareers LIVE, a new on-site job fair. Beginning June 1, search jobs and schedule on-site interviews in advance of the meeting.
Back by popular demand, early career psychologists can interact and connect with an impressive lineup of experienced and distinguished psychologists. This event is free, but space is limited. Register for this event when you register online for convention.
Unlimited CE Credits
Attend as many CE sessions as you want and earn CE credit for one low price! (Does not apply to CE workshops)
Start Making Your Convention Connections Now
- Make new contacts and invite your friends to join you in Hawai’i.
Follow APA’s Annual Convention on Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , and Google+ .
- Connect with employers through PsycCareers LIVE and schedule your on-site appointments in advance of the meeting.
- Share this page with your peers .
- Spread the word! Link to this page on your email list or blog.
- Join APA’s early career psychologist email list. Share knowledge and make new friends to meet at convention.