Call for Convention Proposals
APA seeks proposals for individual presentations and sessions for the 2015 Annual Convention taking place Aug. 6-9, 2015, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Collaborative Programs: Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2014 (Submissions closed.)
- CE Workshops: Monday, Nov. 10, 2014
- Division Submissions: Monday, Dec. 1, 2014, 5 p.m. EST
- Film Festival: Friday, Dec. 26, 2014
The APA Call for Convention Proposals (PDF, 105KB) provides detailed descriptions of the proposals sought, submission deadlines by category, submission procedures, rules for participation and a subject index for the convention program.
Monday, Nov. 10, 2014
The APA Continuing Education Committee (CEC) is accepting workshop proposals that represent the lifelong learning needs of the APA membership. The CEC seeks proposals that:
- are relevant to psychological practice, education, and science;
- enable psychologists to keep pace with emerging issues and technologies;
- and allow psychologists to maintain, develop, and increase competencies in order to improve services to the public and enhance contributions to the profession.
Criteria for Approval
The CEC is committed to gender and ethnic diversity representation among workshop presenters, and all proposals should address these issues in the content and format of the workshop.
The proposal process is a competitive one; we receive an average of 125 proposals each year for 70 spaces. You must demonstrate in the proposal that your workshop meets the Standards and Criteria for Approval of Sponsors of Continuing Education for Psychologists (February 2009) (PDF, 116KB). The Workshop Proposal Form provides detailed information on how to meet the standards and criteria.
All proposals must be submitted through the CE Workshop Proposal online system.
Full details in the APA Call for Convention Proposals (PDF, 105KB).
APA Convention Office
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242