Deadline March 1, 2014
SoAP (Addictions) seeks nominations for its 2014 awards which will be announced at the American Psychological Association’s 2014 Annual Convention.
Click here to review the awards descriptions.
- Distinguished Scientific Early Career Contributions;
- Distinguished Scientific Contributions to the Public Interest;
- Outstanding Contributions to Advancing the Understanding of Addictions;
- Distinguished Scientific Contributions to the Application of Psychology
- Presidential Citation for Distinguished Service to SoAP
You may self-nominate or be nominated by a SoAP member. A nomination letter, contact information and CV should be sent to the Fellows and Awards Committee at the following email address: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you may mail the materials to the following address:
Fellows and Awards Committee
c/o Sandra A. Brown, Chair
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0043
La Jolla, CA 92093-0043
For further information, please call Lucy Fitzpatrick at 858-534-3527.
Annual SoAP Call for New Fellows Nominations
NEW MANDATORY ONLINE PLATFORM FOR NOMINATIONS AND ENDORSEMENTS
Deadline: Friday, January 10, 2014
The SoAP Fellows and Awards Committee invites applications of SoAP Division 50 members for potential election to Fellow status in the American Psychological Association.
NOTE: As per APA regulations new this year, all SoAP fellow applications must be submitted exclusively via the APA ONLINE PLATFORM in order to qualify. We direct you to http://www.apa.org/membership/fellows/index.aspx
Instructions: (The portal is now open):
- Open the link http://www.apa.org/membership/fellows/index
- Log into MyAPA using your APA username and password ;
- You will be taken to the Applicant Welcome Page which will be pre-populated with your membership information;
- Select the division (SoAP Division 50) from the drop-down menu;
- You will be asked to fill out an Application with your educational history, and to state how you meet the criteria for fellow status. You will be asked to attach your curriculum vitae to the Application;
- You will then be instructed to enter the names and email addresses of your required three endorsers. Once you finish the Application, a link is sent to each endorser asking them to complete a worksheet and upload their endorsement statement
DEADLINE for all materials: Again, Your SoAP Division 50 Fellows and Awards Committee will only consider applications when all materials, including endorsements, are received by the HARD DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS AND ENDORSEMENTS: Friday, January 10, 2014
In order to be considered for Fellow status, members must meet both APA and SoAP requirements. APA requirements include: (a) the receipt of a doctoral degree based in part upon a psychological dissertation, or from a program primarily psychological in nature, and conferred by a graduate school of recognized standing; (b) prior APA membership for at least one year and membership in the SoAP through which the nomination is made; (c) active engagement at the time of nomination in the advancement of psychology in any of its aspects; and (d) five years of acceptable professional experience subsequent to the granting of the doctoral degree. The SoAP additionally requires: (a) current engagement in education and training, practice or research in addictive behaviors; (b) at least three of the five years of postdoctoral professional experience in addictive behaviors; and (c) membership in the SoAP for at least one year.
Completed applications are reviewed by the SoAP Fellows and Awards Committee , which submits its recommendations to the SoAP’s Executive Board. Nominations are then sent forward to the APA’s Membership Committee for final approval. Members of the Fellows and Awards Committee or Executive Board who submit evaluations of a nominee do not vote on that nominee. New Fellows are announced at the SoAP’s annual business meeting during the APA Convention.