A publication of the Education Directorate
December 2013 |Vol. 12 Download Issue (PDF, 2.7MB)
The Educator: Newsletter of the Education DirectorateRebecca A. Clay
This year attendees discussed ethics in the context of teaching, clinical supervision, administration and training in research ethics, and innovations in the teaching of ethics.
- From the executive director
Cynthia Belar, PhD, reviews the projects that have been years in the making that have come to fruition in 2013.
By Cynthia D. Belar, PhD
- Introduction of legislation to reauthorize suicide prevention programs
APA’s government relations team works to support of the Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act.
News and Announcements
- Winners of APA Education and Training Awards at the 2013 convention
Jane Halonen, Ron Rzensky and Hannah Williamson all honored for their contributions to Education and Training.
- News from the Commission on Accreditation
- Resolution on accreditation
- Helping to address internship imbalance with grants to support creation of accredited internships
Funding reached $625,000 in 2013 as part of APA’s $3 million internship stimulus package.
- Rena Subotnik receives Mensa Foundation’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- Psychology and the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework
The C3 Framework provides states with recommendations to be used to revise their social studies standards and will be used to assess student learning for years to come.
- Center for Psychology in Schools and Education (CPSE) update
- Office of Precollege and Undergraduate Education update
- Notes from the Executive Office
- Staff updates
Meet the new assistant executive directors for Government Relations and Graduate and Postgraduate Education and Training.