Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
View public comment provided on the proposed revisions to the Accreditation Operating Procedures and the Introduction to the Standards of Accreditation.
Search for Accredited Programs
Search our database of up-to-date listings of programs' accredited status, including: doctoral programs (clinical, counseling, school and combined); internship programs; and postdoctoral residency programs (traditional clinical and specialty).
News and Announcements
CoA Update, a quarterly newsletter, provides the latest news from the commission.
Other Program Statuses
Programs will remain on these lists for (1) calendar year after the effective date of the final decision.
Accreditation Process and Self-study
CoA Policies and Procedures
Frequently asked questions:
- About accreditation
The purpose of accreditation, kinds of accredited programs, understanding statuses of accreditation, etc.
- Choosing a program
The importance of accreditation, how to find and verify accredited programs, how to select a program, etc.
APA Accreditation: Protecting the Public
A brief history of CoA, describing its fundamental values and usual practices.
CoA Response to Student Petition Regarding the Internship Imbalance
Reviewing revisions to IR D.4-7(b) implemented in 2013, outlining additional developments to address concerns related to the internship imbalance.
- FAQs and instructions to help programs complete required self-studies.
- Review schedules of accredited programs.
- Annual Report Online (ARO)
- CoA Portal
Applications, annual accreditation, appeal hearing, site visit.
- Implementing Regulation (IR) C-20
Instructions and table templates for the annual update of "Student Admissions, Outcomes and Other Data" for doctoral programs.
- Notify CoA of change in program training director
See IR C-19 for other substantive changes that require notification.
- Guidance for accredited internships considering program changes
How to notify CoA about adding rotations, curriculum and resources, adding interns, funding sources.
Attend at no cost to learn more about self-study and/or site visitor training.
- Training and workshops.
- Policies regarding conflict of interest and confidentiality.
- FAQs for potential and current site visitors.
- Contact CoA to update your contact information and/or experience.
Become a Site Visitor
CoA is actively recruiting accreditation site visitors. Learn more about:
- Criteria for site visitors.
- Opportunities for training.
- How to nominate individuals to serve as accreditation site visitors.
- Doctoral graduate programs in clinical, counseling and school psychology, and programs offering combinations of two or more of these areas.
- Internship programs, which are a required component of doctoral training.
- Postdoctoral residency programs for an advanced level of competency in traditional and specialty practice areas of psychology.
- Frequently asked questions about accreditation
Answers to help you understand the kinds of doctoral and internship programs accredited by the APA; why accreditation is important; and the difference between APA accreditation and institutional accreditation.
- Explaining accreditation to students and the public
Breaking down the accreditation process to help you understand the basic elements such as standards and peer review.