Commission on Accreditation (CoA) Update
A publication of the Education Directorate
CoA Policy Meeting Report
- New accreditation statuses
Applications for “eligible” and “accredited, on contingency” for internship and postdoctoral residency programs now available.
- The Roadmap: Revising the G&P
A structure for new accreditation standards.
- Important accreditation dates
Mark your calendars with these notices from the commission.
- Virtual townhall meetings
CoA will host six virtual townhall meetings in May to discuss the G&P Roadmap Phase II questions.
- CoA welcomes 12 new members
New members of the commission will help to further quality assurance.
- Council for Higher Education (CHEA) recognition
CoA is granted continued recognition for another ten years.
Reminders for Accredited Programs
- Program review decision outcomes
Receiving the final decision following your program's review.
- Site visitor corp nominations
Recruiting new site visitors to strengthen the peer review process
- Notify the CoA of program director changes
Update records of your program’s leader and contact information
- 2014 CoA self-study
Attend a workshop to get help completing your program's self-study.
- 2013 Annual Report Online
Use CoA's data preparation forms to help prepare for this year's report.
- Current program counts
Tallies of accredited and applicant programs.
Program Accreditation Decisions
Accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are required to notify regional accreditors, selected specialized recognized accreditors and state agencies responsible for postsecondary education of final accreditation decisions.