Commission on Accreditation (CoA) Update
A publication of the Education Directorate
- Revising the G&P: Introducing the standards for accreditation
CoA announces the outlines for the new standards for accreditation.
- Public disclosure of accreditation decisions
CoA revises its disclosure of accreditation decisions.
- New accreditation statuses
“Eligible” and “accredited, on contingency” statuses for internship and postdoctoral residency programs.
- Important accreditation dates
Mark your calendars with these notices from the commission.
- Annual accreditation fees
Annual fee invoices were mailed to accredited programs in June and August.
- Reporting substantive changes
Notify CoA of program changes.
- Site visitors
Recruiting new site visitors.
- 2013 Annual Report Online
ARO open for accredited programs.
- New rehabilitation specialty guidelines
New guidelines for postdoctoral rehabilitation specialty training programs.
- Public comment
The CoA announces public comment on Section 8 of the Accreditation Operating Procedures.
- Resolution on accreditation and licensure
Too early to determine if the resolution will influence the new accreditation standards.
- Current program counts
Tallies of accredited and applicant programs.
Program Accreditation Decisions
Accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are required to notify regional accreditors, selected specialized recognized accreditors and state agencies responsible for postsecondary education of final accreditation decisions.