About the CE Office
The Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP) offers a wide range of continuing professional education opportunities for psychologists. This office works with the Continuing Education Committee (CEC) which is responsible for overseeing the review and approval of CE Workshops and sessions at the annual convention. In addition, the CEP Office develops a variety of Independent Study programs, offers in-house workshops, and cosponsors a range of other workshops, seminars and conferences for CE credit.
About Independent Study Programs
Independent Study programs offer you the opportunity to earn continuing education (CE) credit. We offer nearly 150 programs that fit your interests, your schedule, and your budget. Programs are offered in a wide variety of formats including book-based, DVD, CD-ROM and online video presentations.
Video on-demand recordings blend digital video with synchronized PowerPoint slides. They include recordings from the APA Annual Convention as well as previous Clinician's Corner webcasts.
APA book-based programs are based on outstanding APA publications and cover a broad array of areas of interest.
APA DVD Series programs feature distinguished psychologists demonstrating specific approaches to a wide range of patient problems and conducting psychotherapy in entire, unedited sessions.
APA Online Academy now offers two types of programs:
Professional Development Presentations provides shorter, targeted trainings with interactive PowerPoint slides and associated educational resources.
- Convention Workshop Presentation continues to offer you outstanding half- and full day workshop recordings from the convention that blend multimedia presentations with interactive and downloadable PowerPoint slides.
End-of-Life programs are Internet-Based Education Programs.
Clinician’s Corner are bimonthly mini-workshop series featuring leading practitioners and scholars working in key areas of professional practice.
About APA Annual Convention
At each APA Annual Convention, the APA CEP Office and the Continuing Education Committee (CEC) offers half- and full-day workshops on a range of topics as well as CE credit for selected sessions. Each year, we seek new and innovative workshop proposals and regular convention session submissions to meet the lifelong learning needs of the APA membership.
Why attend CE Workshops?
- Select from over 60 in-depth workshops
- Earn CE credit by attending half-day (4-hr) and full-day (7-hr) workshops
- Add to your lifelong learning and professional development
- Broaden your professional network
- Meet well-known psychologists and experts in your specialty area
- Receive professional handouts and resources
- Refreshments served
Why attend CE Sessions?
- Sessions are offered in collaboration with APA Divisions and APA Directorates/Offices
- Convenient 1- or 2-hour sessions
- Select from hundreds of sessions
- No additional fee to attend CE sessions
- Receive CE credit on-site (processing fee required)