Office of Continuing Education in Psychology
The Office of Continuing Education in Psychology provides CE opportunities for psychologists to expand their skills while earning CE credits through a wide range of topics. This office works with the Continuing Education Committee which is responsible for overseeing the review and approval of CE Workshops and sessions at the annual convention.
Workshops and Independent Study
Professional Development Training Institute
March 28-29, 2014
APA's Office of CEP is hosting its second annual Professional Development Training Institute at the APA Building.
The institute includes three workshops:
- Understanding the DSM-5 (Greg Neimeyer, PhD)
- Ethics and Law (Robert Kinscherff, PhD, JD)
- ICD Diagnosis (Carol Goodheart, EdD)
Early bird registration ends March 21, 2014.
- Contextual School Counseling Approach: Linking Contextual Psychotherapy with the School Environment
- Malleable Minds: Translating Insights From Psychology and Neuroscience to Gifted Education
- Are CRISIS Cluster Patterns Differentially Associated with African-American Enculturation and Social Distance?
- The Reconceptualization of Eating Disorders in the DSM-5
- Capacity, Commitment and Character- Creating and Sustaining Leadership Worth Following: A Conversation With Dr. Dale Thompson
- Forensic Mental Health Assessment: A Principles-Based Model
Clinician’s Corner Workshops
- March 21: The Heat of the Moment in Treatment
- April 25: Making Professional Ethics Practical
- May 16: Creating Organizational Cultures of Trauma-Informed Care