APA and its collaborator, eNURSING llc, is proud to present a ten-module, online continuing education program for psychologists, physicians, nurses, social workers, counselors, hospice volunteers, clergy and others who work with people facing end of life (EOL) issues and concerns.
Each of the ten modules offers evidence-based information along with case examples, practical treatment tips, and numerous opportunities for applying lessons learned. Each module utilizes audio and video presentations in addition to text to keep the learning experience lively and engaging. The modules are designed with a flexible format that enables users to access information in a manner that suits their learning style.
The ten modules are:
The online training program was developed through two grants from the Small Business Innovations Research (SBIR) Program of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). Funding from the Phase I grant was used to develop a prototype module and establish “proof of concept” for the internet-based program. Funding from the Phase II grant was used to develop the other nine training modules and compare the relative benefits of the internet-based program with a comparable paper-based, independent study program.
All modules in the EOL program are considered to be “stand-alone” and thus each can be taken separately or in combination with others. Two (2) hours of continuing education (CE) credit are earned for the completion of each module. Twenty (20) hours of continuing education credit are earned for completing all ten modules.
These courses are approved by the APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology to offer Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologist. In addition, the following Associations/Organizations have approved these courses:
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*;
- National Association of Social Workers;
- Association for Death Education and Counseling Certification in Thanatology;
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization; and,
- The American Geriatrics Society.
* The APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
This program is available through the partnership of the APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP) and eNURSING llc.