Psychology Student Network
A publication of the Education Directorate
September 2014 |Vol. 2, No. 2
Featured StoryPaul Hettich, PhD
Strategies for the proactive psychology major.
In This Issue
- It is never too early to begin: online resources to help psychology majors prepare for graduate school
Grad school tips.
By Karen M. Appleby, PhD, and Drew C. Appleby, PhD
- Psychology post-baccalaureate programs
Post-bacc benefits for careers and graduate study.
By Joanne Zinger, PhD
- Not just another social: the power of networking and nurturing relationships
On the importance of the mentoring continuum.
By Tiffany G. Townsend, PhD
- APA’s Summer Science Fellowship
An amazing opportunity for undergraduate students.
- Preparing for a career in advertising research with your psychology degree
Put your research skills to work.
By Margarita M. Cossuto, PhD
- Survey of psychology majors
Help us help you.
Mark Your Calendar
- Finding and paying for the right psychology grad program for you
How to weigh programs to determine which best meet your professional and financial needs.
- What they didn’t teach me in graduate school
A half-day workshop for students and recent psychology graduates presented by APAGS, the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards and The Trust.
- Tri-State Undergraduate Psychology Research Conference
The 24th Annual Tri-State Undergraduate Research Conference will be held on Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014, at Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa.
- Missouri Undergraduate Psychology Conference
The 10th Annual Missouri Undergraduate Psychology Conference will be hosted by Lindenwood University on Nov. 14-15, 2014.