Psychology Teacher Network
Featured StoryPaul D. Nelson
- The ethics of teaching (and not the teaching of ethics)
A new PTN series of articles about teaching ethically
- Genetics and epigenetics in the psychology classroom: How to teach what your textbook doesn’t
An update on teaching about genetics and epigenetics including resources for lecture and hands-on activities
- Possible solutions to student problems with work completion
Techniques to help students manage classroom assignments
- Using fishbowl discussions to encourage post-formal thinking
A teaching activity for encouraging post-formal thinking
News from TOPSS and PT@CC
- PT@CC Excellence in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at a Two-Year College or Campus Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize the important contributions being made by psychology faculty at two-year institutions.
- 2013 PT@CC Student Presentation Contest
Details about the 2013 Student Presentation Contest
- APA TOPSS Competition for High School Psychology Students
High school students are invited to consider solutions to social injustices through the perspective of psychological principles
- APA TOPSS Excellence in Teaching Awards
The purpose of the APA TOPSS Excellence in Teaching Award is to provide an opportunity for TOPSS to recognize outstanding teachers in psychology.
- APA-Clark University Workshop for High School Teachers
A collaborative effort of the APA Education Directorate, APA Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (TOPSS), APF and Clark University.
- High School Psychology Teacher Network Grants
The purpose of these grants is to support the development of local and regional networks of psychology teachers and to support a local or regional teaching workshop or conference for high school psychology teachers.
- TOPSS on Facebook
Please “like” the new page to keep up-to-date with TOPSS news and conversations about high school psychology
- National Survey of High School Psychology Teachers: Executive Summary
- New TOPSS Unit Lesson Plan
Announcing a new TOPSS unit lesson plan on “Life Span Development”
From the AED and Director, Precollege and Undergraduate Education
- Sustainability Improves Student Learning (SISL) in STEM
An update on work to advance STEM education and promote the teaching of sustainability challenges through psychology
By Robin Hailstorks
- Book Review
Review of “Classic Experiments in Psychology”
- APA videos and modules available online for teachers
Exciting collections of APA PsyTalks, podcasts, videos, and online modules are available for teachers
- Excellence in Librarianship Award
The American Psychological Association’s Excellence in Librarianship Award was created to recognize an outstanding contribution to psychology and behavioral sciences librarianship. The award includes a $2,500 check and an inscribed plaque.
- Instructor’s Guide to Using Research Methods and Statistics Concept Maps
APA Division 2 announces a new instructor’s guide for research methods and statistics
Mark Your Calendar
- MISTOP Conference
The 20th MISTOP conference will take place on Feb. 22-23, 2013, in Glen Ellyn, Ill.
- Southeastern Conference on the Teaching of Psychology (SETOP)
The 25th SETOP conference will take place on March 1-2, 2013, in Atlanta, Ga.
- APS Convention
The 25th Association for Psychological Science (APS) convention will take place on May 23-26, 2013, in Washington, D.C.
- 4th Vancouver International Conference on the Teaching of Psychology
The 4th Vancouver International Conference on the Teaching of Psychology will take place on July 25-27, 2013 in Vancouver, Canada
- APA Convention
News, program highlights, registration and housing information, and activities listings for the American Psychological Association's 2013 Annual Convention in Honolulu.