How to Survive and Thrive as a Therapist: Information, Ideas, and Resources for Psychologists in Practice
How to Survive and Thrive as a Therapist is a nuts-and-bolts guide to starting, growing, or improving a psychotherapy practice. Graduate psychology programs offer a wealth of information on honing one's therapeutic skills, but often provide little information on the "how to's" of practice.
- Identify key elements of a professional business plan for psychologists in practice;
- Analyze/assess logical fallacies that interfere with complex and appropriate decision making;
- Analyze specific terms of a professional liability insurance policy that may best fits one's needs;
- Demonstrate key knowledge about the APA Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct and the Canadian Code of Ethics; and
- Demonstrate key knowledge about several APA Guidelines, including the APA Guidelines for Psychological Evaluations in Child Protection Matters, APA Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Older Adults, the APA Guidelines on Multicultural Education, Training, Research, Practice, and Organizational Change for Psychologists, Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists.
You can take the test in two ways: online (with instant test results) or with mail delivery of a paper version. The book is not included with the test and must be purchased separately.
Online tests can ONLY be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted for online test. You can not purchase two or more of the same online test.
A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve the test. The test is available immediately.
Hardcopy test can be purchased online or by phone (800-374-2721, ext. 5510), fax or mail.
Hardcopy test will be mailed to the address provided during the ordering process. Allow 7-10 days for delivery from date order is received.