Drug and Alcohol Abuse
In Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Dr. William Richard Miller demonstrates his approach to treating clients with problems involving substance abuse. Drug and alcohol abuse are a common presenting problem in therapy, second only to depression, so it benefits therapists to have an approach ready for this issue. Dr. Miller uses motivational interviewing, a Rogerian technique designed to increase a client's sense that he or she is capable of handling the problems they confront.
- Understand the basic principles involved with a bio-psycho-social approach to dealing with drug and alcohol abuse issues,
- Explain a model of behavioral health and health counseling to gather appropriate information about a client and his/her lifestyle for the purposes of assisting with their treatment,
- Utilize particular skills and techniques that assist in the interviewing of clients who struggle with issues of drug and alcohol abuse,
- Identify uses and limitations of medical treatments currently available for treatment of drug and alcohol abuse issues, and
- Specify uses and limitations of psychosocial treatments useful for working with clients who struggle with alcohol and drug abuse issues.
You can take the test in two ways: online (with instant test results) or with mail delivery of a paper version. The video is not included with the test and must be purchased separately.
Online tests can ONLY be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted for online test. You can not purchase two or more of the same online test.
A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve the test. The test is available immediately.
Hardcopy test can be purchased online or by phone (800-374-2721, ext. 5510), fax or mail.
Hardcopy test will be mailed to the address provided during the ordering process. Allow 7-10 days for delivery from date order is received.