Criminal Profiling: Developing and Effective Science and Practice
Criminal Profiling: Developing an Effective Science and Practice aims to transform criminal profiling into a credible science and practice that will reliably aid law enforcement investigation.
- Comprehend the state of criminal profiling today by identifying the various models of criminal profiling;
- Identify the scientific and practical limits of existing approaches and the scientific and practice implications for the field of profiling;
- Discuss how profilers will differ in their conclusions and recommendations given the lack of scientific base for their judgments;
- Describe the ways in which crime scene evidence is predicted by offender behavior, and how it is in turn is predicted by the perpetrator’s motive and personality or other offender behaviors;
- Discuss the study of motive and behavior, and personality and behavior; and
- Apply the scientific model of profiling based on the author’s theory relating the components of crime scene evidence, motive, personality and behavior to each other to understand criminal profiling.
$120.00 for Members/Affiliates
You can take the test in two ways: online (with instant test results) or with mail delivery of a paper version. The book is not included with the test and must be purchased separately.
Online tests can ONLY be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted for online test. You can not purchase two or more of the same online test.
A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve the test. The test is available immediately.
Hardcopy test can be purchased online or by phone (800-374-2721, ext. 5510), fax or mail.
Hardcopy test will be mailed to the address provided during the ordering process. Allow 7-10 days for delivery from date order is received.