Body Image, Eating Disorders, and Obesity in Youth: Assessment, Prevention, and Treatment, Second Edition
$180.00 – List Price
$135.00 – Member/Affiliate Price
The physical and mental health consequences of body image problems, eating disorders, and obesity in children and adolescents can be serious and can extend into adulthood. But as the empirical data presented in this second edition of a landmark volume show, these disorders are preventable and treatable. Research in these areas has exploded since the publication of the first edition and in these new pages leading researchers and practitioners detail recent progress in treatment and discuss areas of persisting challenge.
- Define eating disorders and obesity in children and adolescents.
- Recognize the links between body image and disordered eating among boys and girls.
- Utilize self-report, interview, and observational measures to identify youth with body image disturbance and disordered eating.
- Identify the efficacious methods for prevention and treatment of eating disorders and obesity.
- Recognize cross-cultural influences on body image and disordered eating.