The New Statistics Part 1: Rationale, Effect Sizes, and Confidence Intervals
Part of the APA Online Academy Professional Development Presentation Campus.
- Explain at least two problems with statistical significance testing.
- Explain what is meant by ‘thinking in terms of estimation’, and the advantage of this.
- Explain with examples what is meant by an effect size.
- Describe a confidence interval, and explain one way to interpret it.
- Outline what the Publication Manual Sixth Edition recommends in relation to effect sizes, and confidence intervals.
$40.00 for Members/Affiliates
Go to the APA Online Academy Registration Form.
If you are an APA member, please have your Membership Number available. If you don't know it, you can look up your membership number online or contact APA directly at (800) 374-2721, ext. 5580.
If you are paying by credit card, you will immediately receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to access the course and your username and password.
If you are paying by check, there is a ONE BUSINESS DAY waiting period before you can access your course. You should still register online.