Psychologists have a large skill set that includes psychotherapy, assessment, consulting, teaching, research and more. They have ample opportunities to apply these skills in a number of settings. It is a matter of looking for opportunity or creating opportunities.
Part of the Online Article CE Series (OACES).
- Identify three characteristics of entrepreneurship and how they relate to developing services in a private practice.
- Describe how to transfer empirically based research findings into the delivery of high-quality services for clients.
Steven Walfish, PhD is a licensed psychologist in independent practice in Atlanta. He is the Associate Editor of the Independent Practitioner and has served on the Editorial Boards of several journals. He has published in the areas of substance abuse, weight loss surgery, and professional training and practice, and weight loss surgery. He is recipient of the APA Division of Independent Award for mentoring (2009). His first book (co-edited with Allen Hess) was Succeeding in Graduate School: The Career Guide for Psychology Students. His most recent book (co-authored with Jeff Barnett), Financial Success in Mental Health Practice: Essential Tools and Strategies for Practitioners, is published by APA Books. His next edited book, Earning a Living Outside of Managed Mental Health Care: 50 Ways to Expand Your Practice, will be published by APA Books in the Spring of 2010. He received his PhD in Clinical/Community Psychology from the University of South Florida in 1981 and has been in full-time clinical practice for the past 27 years in Tampa, Everett, Washington, and Atlanta. He has been a Visiting Professor at Kennesaw State University and Georgia State University and is currently a Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine.
- This exam is available online and can ONLY be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted.
- You can not purchase two or more of the same online exam.
- A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve