PsycAdvocate Module Series — Module 1: Introduction to Advocacy
Module one begins with an introduction to advocacy and includes an overview of the APA Government Relations Offices, how APA determines its federal legislative and policy priorities, and how psychologists and psychology students can get involved.
- Discuss the structure and goals of the APA Government Relations Offices.
- Discuss the value of advocacy to psychology.
- Describe the basics of advocacy and identify key elements needed to engage in federal advocacy.
Developed by Nina G. Levitt, EdD, Diane Elmore, PhD, MPH, and Sheila Lane Forsyth, MEd.
$0.00 for Members/Affiliates
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.