Improving Care for Veterans with PTSD
APA partnered with the White House Joining Forces Initiative, headed by First Lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, EdD, to support the psychological needs of our service members and their families. As part of this initiative, APA's Education Directorate offered this presentation which looked at the problems experienced by returning war veterans, discusses key challenges in assessment and treatment of PTSD and related problems, describes aspects of effective treatment of veterans, and shares useful Internet and smartphone educational resources for veterans and their families and the psychologists who work with them.
Part of the Clinician's Corner category on our BizVision partner site.
- Identify key challenges in assessment and treatment importance of screening for veteran status and PTSD.
- Discuss effective treatments for PTSD.
- Identify useful resources for veterans and their families.
Joe Ruzek, PhD
$0.00 for Members/Affiliates
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.