Managing Risk in Everyday Practice: The Ethics of Being a Psychologist in the Real World
Most licensed psychologists are required to take continuing education on the topic of ethics. But wouldn't it be nice to go beyond just reviewing basic concepts you learned back in graduate school and when you were studying for your licensing exams? In this workshop we will take those somewhat sterile academic concepts and apply them to everyday practice of psychology. We will discuss key elements of risk management that you can implement in your next clinical hour. Be prepared to think on your feet and discuss some tough, real life situations with your colleagues by submitting questions and comments online or in-person.
Part of the Clinician's Corner category on our BizVision partner site.
- Review models of ethical reasoning.
- Reflect upon APA Principles and Standards.
- Discuss fundamentals of ethical practice.
- Apply models of ethical reasoning, ethical codes and laws/regulations to their practice of psychology.
Michael Heitt, PsyD
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.