Orientation to ICD Diagnosis
This program offers an overview of the World Health Organization's International Classification of Diseases (ICD); an introduction to the ICD-10-CM set of diagnostic codes that will be required for billing and health information in the U.S. on Oct. 1, 2014; and a preview of ICD-11 which is currently under development. The relationship to the DSM is also discussed. Program includes full course transcript.
Part of the Clinician's Corner category on our BizVision partner site.
- Identify the HIPAA approved code sets for the United States.
- Discuss the coding format and how to locate codes in the new ICD-10-CM.
- Describe the relevance of the new codes for their health care practices.
Carol D. Goodheart, EdD
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.