When Pornography Is an Issue: Innovative Approaches to Couples Counseling & Psychotherapy
Most therapy criticizes porn use while legitimizing the grievances of the porn consumer's partner. As patients struggle around issues of privacy, trust, fidelity and autonomy, remaining non-judgmental can be difficult. This workshop focuses on treating intrapsychic conflicts and power struggles over porn use. We'll explore how conflict about pornography is often used to avoid confronting a sexual relationship's deficits; how one or both partners may be acting out body image issues; and why "porn addiction" is not a helpful concept.
Part of the Clinician's Corner category on our BizVision partner site.
- Examine common assumptions of therapists about porn and its use.
- Explain how to support both partners when a couple is in conflict about porn use.
- Explain how to help couples discuss the deficits in their relationship that they're avoiding via conflict about porn.
Marty Klein, PhD
$65.00 for Members/Affiliates
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.