The Heat of the Moment in Treatment: Mindful Management of Difficult Clients
Clinicians working with challenging populations and those whose work challenges their coping capacities, need help beyond admonitions of "self-care" and seeking supervision. This workshop is an intensive training in acceptance and mindfulness-based strategies for developing skills in managing one's countertransference reactivity to clients. This workshop seeks to provide a venue for clinicians to develop and hone specific skills derived from the fast-growing social neuroscience, acceptance/commitment and mindfulness empirical literatures in order to stave off negative outcomes in clinical work. Using minimal jargon, and relying on engaging discussion, case examples, well-developed training activities and exercises, and an interactive format, this workshop aims to fill a gap in continuing education for psychologists.
Part of the Clinician's Corner category on our BizVision partner site.
- Recognize the difficult patterns in past and current therapeutic interactions that impede treatment progress.
- Demonstrate skill in managing difficult client interactions by conducting in-the-moment assessment.
- Develop a personal intervention plan using straight-forward, research-supported interventions.
Mitch Abblett, PhD
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.