A Developmental Understanding for Assessment and Treatment of Violent Individuals
The prodigious rates of violence in our country establish a need for accurate risk assessment, a comprehensive management strategy, and effective treatments for violent individuals. This intermediate workshop provides an in-depth understanding of the developmental issues contributing to violence, the triggers of violence, assessment, case management and treatment of violent or potentially violent individuals. The use of video excerpts, case studies and hands-on use of assessment instruments provides skill enhancements that can be directly applied in clinical practice.
Part of the Interactive Classroom Program category on our BizVision partner site.
- Identify clients' negative thought patterns that influence self-destructive and violent behavior.
- Utilize assessment and interview techniques, based on static and dynamic risk factors, to effectively identify those at greatest risk for violent behavior.
- Utilize an innovative cognitive/affective/behavioral approach for treating violent clients.
Lisa Firestone, PhD
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.