The meteoric rise in Internet access has brought with it a broad range of problematic Internet behaviors. Online gaming, gambling, cybersex relationships, pornography, social networking sites and auction houses all represent specific domains of potentially problematic Internet use. This presentation provides an in-depth overview of these, and other, areas of "Internet Addiction," and details the diagnostic challenges and treatment considerations associated with problematic Internet behaviors.
Part of the Interactive Classroom Program category on our BizVision partner site.
- Describe two competing models of problematic Internet use (PIU).
- Identify at least three specific domains of potential Internet addiction.
- Discuss issues of co-occurring disorders in Internet addictions.
Greg J. Neimeyer, PhD
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.