Twenty Principles of Success in Mental Health Practice
Clinicians spend a great deal of time in their training becoming excellent in practicing their craft of assessment and psychotherapy. These skills are mastered in order to deliver excellent clinical services. However, in professional training little, if any, emphasis is placed on learning, refining and mastering the business aspects of private practice. In their book "Financial Success in Mental Health Practice: Essential Tools and Strategies for Practitioners," (APA Books, 2008) Walfish and Barnett present a list of Twenty Principles of Private Practice Success. This course presents an overview of each of these principles and how each relates to the development of a clinically effective and financially sound private practice.
Part of the Interactive Classroom Program category on our BizVision partner site.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of choosing private practice as a career path.
- Demonstrate knowledge of components of entrepreneurship that are essential to success in private practice.
- Identify methods in which psychologists can earn a living that fall out of the purview of managed care.
Steven Walfish, PhD
$50.00 for Members/Affiliates
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.