Understanding the DSM-5 and the ICD: What Every Practitioner Needs to Know
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) has undergone substantial revision across its sixty years of evolution, with the latest version (DSM-5) continuing that tradition in substantial ways. These revisions are described and discussed in relation to other critical, conceptual shifts in the DSM.
- Identify at least ten key changes in the DSM-5.
- Describe the significant conceptual changes associated with the revisions in the manual.
- Discuss at least three significant controversies generated by the most recent revision of the DSM.
- Identify at least three novel inclusions in the new "Section 3" of the DSM-5, "Emerging Methods and Models."
Greg J. Neimeyer, PhD
- Purchase this course through our partner. Your MyAPA login will not work on this site. If you have not used this site before you will need to create a log-in in order to register for the program.
- Select Add to Cart. Continue Shopping for additional programs or select proceed to checkout. Enter payment information; review and submit order. You will receive confirmation of your purchase via BizVision support.
- If you are paying by check, please visit our FAQ page for instructions.