Modules for Teachers
Classroom Management Modules
Modules on practical classroom management and interventions for classroom disruption.
Commonly labeled as peer victimization or peer harassment, school bullying is defined as repeated physical, verbal or psychological abuse of victims by perpetrators who intend to cause them harm.
Featured APA Organization
Division 16 — School Psychology
School Psychology is composed of scientific-practitioner psychologists whose major professional interests lie with children, families, and the schooling process. The Division represents the interests of psychologists engaged in the delivery of comprehensive psychological services to children, adolescents, and families in schools and other applied settings.
- Classroom Management
Teachers concerned with classroom management typically need help with two issues: preventing discipline problems and dealing with current discipline problems
- Understanding and Preventing Violence Directed Against Teachers
Information to help K-12 teachers to cope with and prevent the occurrence and threat of violent incidents in their classrooms.
- National Survey of Violence Against Teachers: APA Classroom Violence Directed Against Teachers Task Force Report (PDF, 121KB)
- Violence Against Teachers: A Silent National Crisis
What is known regarding the factors that lead to teacher victimization.
- Disseminating Evidence-Based Practice For Children & Adolescents (PDF, 3.2MB)
- APA Zero Tolerance Task Force Report
The 2006 APA Zero Tolerance Task Force report finds that zero tolerance policies developed in the 1980s to stop drug use and curtail unruly and violent behavior in schools are not as successful as thought in creating safer environments to learn.
- Warning Signs of Youth Violence
Learn how to recognize danger signs and keep anger from escalating out of control.
- Tips for Talking With Adolescents (PDF, 584KB)
- Resilience Guide for Parents & Teachers
Children may face such problems as adapting to a new classroom or being bullied by classmates. Teachers can help them build resilience.
- APA Resolution on Bullying Among Children and Youth (PDF, 40KB)
- Task Force Report on Resilience and Strength in African American Children and Adolescents
Encourages a paradigm shift from an emphasis on risk to exploring the complex interactive process of resilience in African American youth
- Report on the Teacher Needs Survey
Teachers from 49 States and the District of Columbia shared their classroom management, instructional strategies, classroom diversity and parental communication needs with APA.