Student Research & Writing
Publications on Writing
Writing the Empirical Social Science Research Paper: A Guide for the Perplexed (PDF, 344KB) Students sometimes find the general process of writing an empirical research paper to be daunting. This paper breaks down the various sections of a research paper using APA style.
- Undergraduate Writing in Psychology: Learning to Tell the Scientific Story
- Mastering APA Style: Student's Workbook and Training Guide, Sixth Edition
- Library Research in Psychology: Help students and nonpsychologists find relevant research on psychological topics and includes links to the Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature, the Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms, and various APA databases, including PsycINFO and PsycEXTRA
- Guidelines for Preparing Posters Using PowerPoint ™ Presentation Software (PDF, 19KB)
- Research in Action: A web-based compendium of psychological research that demonstrates the application and value of psychological science in our everyday lives.
- Online Psychology Laboratory: Peer-reviewed materials include online studies and correlational studies, large data sets, demonstrations, and teaching aids
- Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR): The mission of the Council on Undergraduate Research is to support and promote high-quality undergraduate student-faculty collaborative research and scholarship.
Research and Training Opportunities
- Summer Science Fellowship: Talented students are placed in laboratories with researchers in and around Washington, D.C.
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities & Internships: Information regarding internships and undergraduate research opportunities at universities and government agencies
- Undergraduate Research Conferences: A complete listing of psychology conferences
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU): Each summer students can apply for research internships at universities across the nation.