APAGS has launched a new e-mail discussion group to support students working on their dissertations. APAGS members at all stages of the dissertation process-from conception to completion-are encouraged to sign up to offer and garner advice from each other as well as invited psychologists and faculty members. Students can cover such topics as:
- Choosing a topic and narrowing your focus.
- Quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Selecting appropriate statistical procedures.
- Conducting a literature review.
- Choosing and working with a dissertation chair and committee.
- Handling differences of opinion between you and your chair.
- Preparing for the proposal meeting and final defense.
- Overcoming roadblocks and procrastination.
To join, visit the APAGS listserv Web page.
-D. SMITH BAILEY
Letters to the Editor
- Write Us