January 2005 | Vol. 3 No. 1
COVER PACKAGE: Building mentorships for success
How to begin, troubleshoot and hone your mentoring relationship
- Building mentorships for success
Mentors can provide the support and guidance you need to achieve your academic and career goals. Here's how to create mentorships that make, not break, your career.
- How is a mentor different from your adviser or dissertation chair?
- Meet two inspiring mentors
- Multiplying the benefits of mentoring
- Sticky situations in mentorships
Problems can crop up in mentorships, but solutions are not beyond students' reach.